Ward 3

Picture D

Welcome to North Royalton Ward 3
View a map of the city wards

Welcome to Ward 3!

Ward 3 is located in North Royalton, Ohio. The ward boundaries start at the intersection of Albion and Abbey Roads, heads south to Route 82, then east to York Road, north to Wallings Road, north on State Road, and then cuts back to Albion, including Sherwood Highlands development.

Total Residents that live in Ward 3=5,563

Total Population for the City of North Royalton=30,813

City History

North Royalton was founded in 1818. Knight Sprague, an early settler, had the township named after his native town of Royalton in Vermont. Sometime between 1880 and 1890, the name of Royalton was changed to North Royalton because of another town in Ohio bearing the same name.

On April 4, 1927, the township official became the Village of North Royalton, and the first mayor, E.C. McCombs, was elected.

In 1950, with a population of 3,939 gas and water lines were brought into areas of the village. The turnpike was constructed through the middle of North Royalton in 1955. On Memorial Day in 1960, a dedication was held at Memorial Park on State Road. In January, 1961, North Royalton officially became a city.